22 September 2011

Your Thoughts on Changes in Local News

Its been a week and a half since the anchor switch at KXLY 4 HD News. How are Derek Deis and Robyn Nance doing on Good Morning Northwest? Are viewers enjoying Nadine Woodward and Mike Gonzalez on the evening shift?

KXLY also introduced new openings to their newscasts and new anchor bumps. KHQ also updated their graphics recently. Does any of this make a difference to viewers? Does anyone really notice?

KREM added a half hour to their 6pm newscast the same day Nadine moved to evenings. Who are you watching, Randy on 2 or Nadine on 4?

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I noticed that Q6 Alive has this graphic or whatever you call it, that they roll leading to a BIG STORY. I am grateful they tell me what a BIG STORY is, otherwise I'd have no clue. Just not sure what the difference is between a BIG STORY and BREAKING NEWS. On another note, seems D Cotton is getting the shaft, doing internet reports. But that's the TV News Entertainment biz.... PRS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I love Randy Shaw anchoring the news next to his granddaughter..Or someone who is his granddaughters age. Very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Portland Or and cant see all this. Any pics/videos available? I miss the days when you could watch newscast on the web after they aired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not really happy with any of the formats, but I find myself flipping channels between Channel 2 and 6. I like Kris Krocker for weather, and can't take Tom Sherry, so I watch channel 6 for that. They are a little dry for news though, so it is 4 or 6 for that. Still, I don't think the new set up is as good as Nance and Erickson were last year at this time. I am still trying to figure out why KXLY got rid of Torri Brunetti and Sally Showman. They brought passion to their newscasters. All the new field reporters KXLY keeps adding just don't do it for me. Probably because it seems like it is someone new each week...

    ReplyDelete